Re-installing Anaconda for TuriCreate environment

Recently, I run out of disk space and had to move my Anaconda to a disk with more room.

I had a bad experience with moving the anaconda3 folder, so I opted to do a full installation.

1) Download Anaconda installer


Usually, I grab the newest version 3, but truthfully, TuriCreate still uses old python-2.7.15.

https://www.anaconda.com/download/#macos

Install it in the new location following GUI screens.

2) Back up your existing conda env

If you have an environment that you want to preserve, you can save its configuration to a small yml file.

$ conda env export > environment_turi_20181105.yml

3) Delete the previous location of Anaconda


rm -r .... /anacondaX/

4) Restore the conda evn from yml file

I provided you my yml file for convenience.
conda env create -f environment_turi_20181105.yml

5) Change to that conda env




$ conda activate turi


and make sure conda env is correct:

$ conda env list
# conda environments:
#
/Users/uki/.julia/conda/3
/Users/uki/.julia/packages/ORCA/uEiWT/deps
base /anaconda2
turi * /anaconda2/envs/turi

6) Re-install Jupyter Notebook kernel


python -m ipykernel install --user --name turi --display-name "Python 2.7 (turi)"

7) Start Jupyter Notebook and test 


$ jupyter notebook